Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Graham Haughs

Default Vlookup problem

Cannot understand why I am getting peculiar results with a vlookup query
on a table similar to one below. Using the formula
=VLOOKUP(D1,A1:B7,2)
where D1 is a drop down list created from the first column below and
A1:B& is the range below as example.
eg when D1 is Sylvinite I get value 132, same with Sulphate of potash
0.60.60 gives #N/A
The rest if selected give the correct return.
I would value any help.

Sylvinite 42
Sulphate of potash 105
0.0.60 126
0.14.42 136
0.16.16 88
0.24.14 111
0.24.24 132
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Try adding the FALSE segment to your formula........

=VLOOKUP(D1,A1:B7,2,FALSE)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Graham Haughs" wrote:

Cannot understand why I am getting peculiar results with a vlookup query
on a table similar to one below. Using the formula
=VLOOKUP(D1,A1:B7,2)
where D1 is a drop down list created from the first column below and
A1:B& is the range below as example.
eg when D1 is Sylvinite I get value 132, same with Sulphate of potash
0.60.60 gives #N/A
The rest if selected give the correct return.
I would value any help.

Sylvinite 42
Sulphate of potash 105
0.0.60 126
0.14.42 136
0.16.16 88
0.24.14 111
0.24.24 132

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

It's been said: "One who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, while one
who doesn't is a fool forever"............you're very welcome for the
assistance, and any "Thanks" is always appreciated, especially one as
heart-felt as yours........be welcome to come back anytime you want to.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3