Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
via135

Default exporting summary data for pivot table!

hi all!

i am having a database of sales turnover for differenct products of
different companies for a period as under:

COL"A" - MONTH & YR
COL"B" - COMPANY NAME
COL"C" - PRODUCT NAME
COL"D" - UNITS SOLD
COL"E" - VALUE SOLD

JAN05 - X - XX - 10 - 1000
JAN05 - X - XXX - 5 - 400
FEB05 - Y - YY - 20 - 500
MAR05 - X - XX - 5 - 500
MAR05 - Y - YYY - 10 - 600
MAR05 - X - XXX - 20 - 2000

what i want is to extract the periodwise, companywise, productwise
totals of units sold (COL"D") & value sold (COL"E") and export it to
another worksheet under the same column headings so that i can create a
pivot table for further analysis!

is there any easy way to achive this thru xl formula or by any other
method?

expecting help!

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
George Nicholson

I'm not sure I understand your question. The data structure you described
seems perfect for a Pivot table that would give you the Total Units and
Total Sales for every Period, Company and Product.

If you want to do further analysis, you can always base a 2nd pivot table on
the 1st one.

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"via135" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
via135

yes..Mr George!

i am able to construct a perfect pivot table with the data available
with me!
only thing is i am not able to filter results at my choice using the
drop down menu available in the filed names. for ex. if i want the
turnover for a period between given months what is the way? becoz there
is no custom option available in the dropdown menu!

pl help!

-via135