Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cmharri123

Default How do I get a count of dates within a range..?

I have a column with over a thousand different sale dates within it. I
am struggling to get a simple countif formula to give me a total of the
dates within a certain range. I.e. give me the total number of sales
between 01-May-2004 and 01-Jul-2005...

I'm sure this is a simple one... can anyone help..??!

Thanks in advance.

--
cmharri123
cmharri123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3221

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

If you put your start date in D2, for instance, and end date in D3 this
formula will count dates between and on the two for the given range

=COUNTIF(A1:A1000,"="&D2)-COUNTIF(A1:A1000,""&D3)

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bruno Campanini

"cmharri123" wrote
in message ...

I have a column with over a thousand different sale dates within it. I
am struggling to get a simple countif formula to give me a total of the
dates within a certain range. I.e. give me the total number of sales
between 01-May-2004 and 01-Jul-2005...

=SUMPRODUCT((D10:D70=DATEVALUE("01-05-04"))*
(D10:D70<=DATEVALUE("01-07-05")))

Ciao
Bruno