Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Nuts4pi

Default Need Help to Prevent Copy Function Use in a Read-Only Workbook

How can you hide sensitive information in cells/columns so that someone
opening the workbook can't highlight , copy, and paste the information to a
new worksheet, then "unhide" the information in the new worksheet? We've
tried locking/hiding the cells (Security tab under Format...Cells),
protecting the worksheet/workbook (Protection under Tools menu), and saving
the workbook as a Read Only file (General Options under Tools when using
"Save As..."). This is a major security flaw in the program if there isn't a
way to prevent this copying!!!