Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cathy

Default AutoFill over 30,000 rows

Is there a shortcut way to autofill several thousand rows? I have a simple
numeric autofill that I have to hold down for quite a while (okay, so my
machine is slow... it's corporate equipment, there's nothing I can do about
it...). Is there some quick fix like hold down shift+the ending row
number+bang on the escape key three times... you know... some trick?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Still waiting on Excel...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

If you have data in an adjacent column, e.g. you want to autofill column
B and you already have data in A1:A30000 (without blanks) you can just
double click the "fill handle" (thats the black + that appears when you
put the cursor on the bottom right corner of the cell) and it should
fill down automatically

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Without knowing the specifics of your numbering scheme, I can only try to
point you in the right direction.

Try selecting the first cell of your range. Enter the starting value there.
Select "Edit" then "Fill" then "Series..."

Select Column, and enter your increment value and your ending value.

HTH,
Elkar

"Cathy" wrote:

Is there a shortcut way to autofill several thousand rows? I have a simple
numeric autofill that I have to hold down for quite a while (okay, so my
machine is slow... it's corporate equipment, there's nothing I can do about
it...). Is there some quick fix like hold down shift+the ending row
number+bang on the escape key three times... you know... some trick?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Still waiting on Excel...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mickbarry

Nice one Daddylonglegs,
For years I have been doing the following-
"left arrow" (Go to top of adjoining data)
"Control down arrow" (Go to bottom of adjoining data)
"right arrow"
type a character (Type a placemark)
"Control shift up arrow" (Go to original formula)
"Control shift down arrow" (Highlight area where formula is to be
copied to)
"Control D" (copy down)

Reckon that you have saved a few extra days of my developing life

Regards Mick Barry
Why isn’t there mouse-flavoured cat food?

--
mickbarry
mickbarry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31028