Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If function with date; if sale is Oct place sale $ amount here

Please help me to complete an excell spreadsheet function. I want to create
a flow to anotehr sheet that shows all sales by date to appear on a summary
sheet. how would I set up a function to say, if John Doe's sale was in
September, send the sale amount to the summary sheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

A formula can't send data to another sheet, so it would have to be in
the summary sheet bringing it from the other sheet. You probably have a
date column (assume A), a column of names (B) and a column of sale
amounts (C), and let's assume the data starts on row 1, so your formula
would be something like:

=IF(AND(Sheet1!B1="John Doe",MONTH(Sheet1!A1)=9),Sheet1!C1,"")

I suspect you want something different than this, but if so please post
some further details.

Hope this helps.

Pete