Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joe1182

Default I need a Lookup to return more than 1 result

In my Workbook I have a sheet called MASTER and it has the information I
am wanting to extract.

In Cell AQ6 I have this "YHMIA.2615.1.400"

For each SKU# I have maybe 3 to 6 DIE's. I want to return the DIE #,
DIE LOCATION, & DIE TYPE in a horizontal manor. Can this be done? Any
help would be appreciated. Please see the example below for what I am
wanting.

AQ6 = "YHMIA.2615.1.400" This is SKU#
AR6 = "E" THIS IS DIE TYPE
AS6 = "8022" THIS IS DIE LOCATION
AT6 = "122" THIS IS DIE #

AU6 = "D" THIS IS THE SECOND DIE TYPE
AV6 = "8321" THIS DIE's LOCATION
AW6 = "122" THIS DIE's #

--
joe1182
joe1182's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30977

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

Joe,
it is quite clear what you want to do with the destination, but how is
your source data organized? Please clarify.

Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle

See your post in Misc

"joe1182" wrote in
message ...

In my Workbook I have a sheet called MASTER and it has the information I
am wanting to extract.

In Cell AQ6 I have this "YHMIA.2615.1.400"

For each SKU# I have maybe 3 to 6 DIE's. I want to return the DIE #,
DIE LOCATION, & DIE TYPE in a horizontal manor. Can this be done? Any
help would be appreciated. Please see the example below for what I am
wanting.

AQ6 = "YHMIA.2615.1.400" This is SKU#
AR6 = "E" THIS IS DIE TYPE
AS6 = "8022" THIS IS DIE LOCATION
AT6 = "122" THIS IS DIE #

AU6 = "D" THIS IS THE SECOND DIE TYPE
AV6 = "8321" THIS DIE's LOCATION
AW6 = "122" THIS DIE's #

--
joe1182
joe1182's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506490

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joe1182

My source data looks like the example below.

SKU# DIE# DIE TYPE DIE LOC
yhmia.2615.1.400 8122 E 123
yhmia.2615.1.400 8063 F 241
yhmia.2615.1.400 8019 F 181

--
joe1182
joe1182's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30977
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506490

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joe1182

Can anyone help me out?

--
joe1182
joe1182's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30977
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506490

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

Joe

I just saw both threads. I believe I fully understand what you want to
accomplish. Do you want a formula-based solution or VBA?

Kostis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joe1182

Formula Based would be the best. Thanks!

--
joe1182
joe1182's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30977
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506490

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joe1182

I got it!

Here is the formula I used to get it to work. Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for all your help!

=INDEX($A$1:$S$12618,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$12618=$A$126 24,ROW($A$1:$A$12618)),COLUMN(1:1)),2)

--
joe1182
joe1182's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30977
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506490

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

Glad you got it to work. So, no point in building the much more complex
solution that I had started building... :)

Kostis