Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trudat

Default Help Please with %

Start with this =AVERAGE(B7:M7) = 6.87%
and this =AVERAGE(B15:M15) = 6.65%
=(N7-N15)/N7
= 3.19%

Ok What happens I get a different Answer if I hard code the Averages above

It should be 3.20% and on a blank sheet it works. My main question is can
the average Formula on each line cause
the error because if I use the formula without the averages and hard code the
% on each line then use =(N7-N15)/N7 I get 3.20%

Help me understand what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

It is probably because the values are not exactly 6.87 and 6.65, but you
have the display at 2 dec places. Increase the dec places and re-do the
calculation manually.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Trudat" <u18243@uwe wrote in message news:5b241dbf211c2@uwe...
Start with this =AVERAGE(B7:M7) = 6.87%
and this =AVERAGE(B15:M15) = 6.65%
=(N7-N15)/N7
= 3.19%

Ok What happens I get a different Answer if I hard code the Averages above

It should be 3.20% and on a blank sheet it works. My main question is can
the average Formula on each line cause
the error because if I use the formula without the averages and hard code

the
% on each line then use =(N7-N15)/N7 I get 3.20%

Help me understand what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance for any

help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trudat

Bob Phillips wrote:
It is probably because the values are not exactly 6.87 and 6.65, but you
have the display at 2 dec places. Increase the dec places and re-do the
calculation manually.

Start with this =AVERAGE(B7:M7) = 6.87%
and this =AVERAGE(B15:M15) = 6.65%

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

Help me understand what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance for any help.

I did change it out to 8 and same totals. The strange part is I can make
this work when I put the values in with out the averages from the other lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trudat via OfficeKB.com

Trudat wrote:
It is probably because the values are not exactly 6.87 and 6.65, but you
have the display at 2 dec places. Increase the dec places and re-do the

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

Help me understand what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance for any help.

I did change it out to 8 and same totals. The strange part is I can make
this work when I put the values in with out the averages from the other lines.

You were right . I had went out to 8 digits on each line but not the total
field. Once the total field was out to 8 digits the spread sheet was right.
The average was correct at 3.19% not 3.20% Thank you for the help.