Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sharon Durow

Default show difference between weights with correct pos and neg values

I need to work out a formula that calculates the difference between to
weights. The problem is that weight gain needs to be shown as a positive and
weight loss as a negative, I am having problems finding a way to
automatically calculate the correct answer. I can format in colour but really
need the figures showing pos and neg.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Sharon

=new_weight-old_weight.

With old_weight in A1, and new_weight in A2
=A2-A1

--
Regards

Roger Govier