Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mysweet

Default Display total in more than one cell...

Hi, I'm new here :)

I'm working on a Fringe Benefits sheet and having some problem entering
formula calculations.

In the Word document I was given, there are columns called "In Debt By
-" and "In Credit By +" (see attached image). I want to transfer this
information into Excel.

The problem I have is (and don't know a formula for) if the running
total value is positive, it should only be displayed in the "In Credit
By +" column, and if the running total value is a negative value, it
should only be displayed in the "In Debit By -".

Does anyone have a formula I can use for this calculation? Thank you
very much :)

'[image: http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/45/fringe14ka.png]'
(http://imageshack.us)

--
mysweet
mysweet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30943

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Amount in A1

B1: =IF(A1<0,A1,"")
C1: =IF(A1=0,A1,"")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"mysweet" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mysweet

Thanks, but I'm not sure how to apply that to my Excel sheet (the
formula you gave me works in a blank one though).

Maybe if I attach the sheet I'm working on (with data copied from Word
in it; not calculated by Excel) you could input the formula in the
correct place (just one row would be good so I understand).

If you can help me, thank you :)

|Filename: Sheet1_X.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4278 |

mysweet
mysweet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30943
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506144

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Try this,

in E7: =IF(SUM($E6:$F6)+$C7-$D7<0,SUM($E6:$F6)+$C7-$D7,"")
in F7: =IF(SUM($E6:$F6)+$C7-$D7=0,SUM($E6:$F6)+$C7-$D7,"")

and copy down

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"mysweet" wrote in
message ...

Thanks, but I'm not sure how to apply that to my Excel sheet (the
formula you gave me works in a blank one though).

Maybe if I attach the sheet I'm working on (with data copied from Word
in it; not calculated by Excel) you could input the formula in the
correct place (just one row would be good so I understand).

If you can help me, thank you :)

|Filename: Sheet1_X.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4278 |

mysweet
mysweet's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506144

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mysweet

Thanks Bob YOU are a life-saver, it will make my job so much easier.
Blessings