Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael Saffer

Default Q about: IfAnd or is it AndIf?

Dear folks,

I have used either the "andif" or is it "ifand"? function before, but for
the life of me right now
I can't remember the right way to make this work. This is my huge problem
de jour.

A B C D E
101940 1/13/2006 Friday 280
101940 1/20/2006 Friday 250 ?
101941 1/14/2006 Saturday 280
101941 1/21/2006 Saturday 280 ?

I have to show the difference between D2 and D1 in cell E2 but only if A2=A1
and C2=C1.

I have to show the difference between D4 and D3 in cell E4 but only if A4=A3
and C4=C3.

The correct answers would be E2 = -30 and E4 = 0

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Michael Saffer
Jacksonville, Florida

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Damon Longworth

Try something similar to:

=if(and(A2=A1,C2=C1),D2-D1,0)

--
Damon Longworth

2006 East Coast Excel User Conference
April 19/21st, 2006
Holiday Inn, Boardwalk
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Early Bird Registration Now Open!!
www.ExcelUserConference.com

2006 UK Excel User Conference
Summer, 2006
London, England
"Michael Saffer" wrote in message
Dear folks,

I have used either the "andif" or is it "ifand"? function before, but for
the life of me right now
I can't remember the right way to make this work. This is my huge problem
de jour.

A B C D E
101940 1/13/2006 Friday 280
101940 1/20/2006 Friday 250 ?
101941 1/14/2006 Saturday 280
101941 1/21/2006 Saturday 280 ?

I have to show the difference between D2 and D1 in cell E2 but only if A2=A1
and C2=C1.

I have to show the difference between D4 and D3 in cell E4 but only if A4=A3
and C4=C3.

The correct answers would be E2 = -30 and E4 = 0

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Michael Saffer
Jacksonville, Florida

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

In E2:
=if(and(a2=a1,c2=c1),d2-d1,"")
(show nothing if a2 is different from A1 or C2 is different from C1?

In E4:
=if(and(a4=a3,c4=c3),d4-d3,"")

Michael Saffer wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael Saffer

Thank you Dave and Damon.
I am able to use both solutions with the similar results.
I will adapt your solutions to fix the problem I had.
Emphasis on "had".

This forum is incredible.

Thank you very much,

Michael Saffer