Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
autobiz

Default Add additional info to multiple fields

I have many fields that has part of a url in it Example: abcmotors.com
and I would like to add www. in front of it to make the field a correct
link. I have over 4,000 that I need to do this with. I would like do it
all automaticly? Instead of one at a time.

Thanks
Doug

--
autobiz
autobiz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30902

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

I'd use a formula in an adjacent cell:

="www." & a2
and copy down

="http://www." & a2)
or maybe...
=hyperlink("http://www." & a2, "Click me")

autobiz wrote:

I have many fields that has part of a url in it Example: abcmotors.com
and I would like to add www. in front of it to make the field a correct
link. I have over 4,000 that I need to do this with. I would like do it
all automaticly? Instead of one at a time.

Thanks
Doug

--
autobiz
autobiz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30902
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505760

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Assuming fields are in column A.

In B1 enter ="www." & A1

Double-click on the B1 fill handle to increment down column B.

When/if happy, select Column B and copy.

EditPaste Special(in place)ValuesOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP