Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris Watson

Default Macro recording?????

I have created an Invoice which has a customers name and date. I have
put in a save button using autoshape and want to record a macro that
will save the invoice with the customer name and date, ie: "Joe Bloggs
27th January 2006". Customers name is in cell B1 and date in cell C1.
is it possible to record a macro that will do this.

--
Chris Watson
Chris Watson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4700

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

No, but it is simply

Sub SaveData
Activeworkbook.SaveAs Range("B1").Value & Format(Range("C1").Value,"dd
mmmm yyyy")

HTH

Bob Phillips

news:Chris.Watson.22a9pm_1138348502.0661@excelforu m-nospam.com...