Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wgechter

Default Max values from 2 ws and a range

Attached is an excel file. There are two worksheets. In Worksheet 1
are 2 names with multiple dates and lab values. In Worksheet 2 is the
name with a blank space for labs and dates. I need put in the blank
lab and date fields on worksheet 2 the most recent date with associated
lab value.

Thanks to Steveg on a very similar topic we are using the formula
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$12198=A1),--(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$12198=B1),(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$12198))
to get a value if there was only one to chose from on seperate
worksheets. The only problem I am having with this formula in my old
case, is that it is not working when the values are textual.

Thanks for the help,
Wendi

|Filename: Forum help.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4272 |

wgechter
wgechter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30799
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505535

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary L Brown

we don't attache or look at workbooks around here.
if you can't explain your issue...
break it down into individual questions and ask 1 question per issue
otherwise I can GUARENTEE you that you will not get an answer

--
Gary Brown

"wgechter" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Morrigan

See attachment

Hope it helps

"wgechter" wrote:

Attached is an excel file. There are two worksheets. In Worksheet

1
are 2 names with multiple dates and lab values. In Worksheet 2 is

the
name with a blank space for labs and dates. I need put in the blank
lab and date fields on worksheet 2 the most recent date with

associated
lab value.

Thanks to Steveg on a very similar topic we are using the formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$12198=A1),--(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$12198=B1),(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$12198))
to get a value if there was only one to chose from on seperate
worksheets. The only problem I am having with this formula in my

old
case, is that it is not working when the values are textual.

Thanks for the help,
Wendi

|Filename: Forum help.zip

|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4272

wgechter

wgechter's Profile:

View this thread:

|Filename: Forum help-R1.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4273 |

Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505535

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wgechter

Thanks for the help Morrigan unfortunately the formula assumes that I
know the most recent date. In my real spreadsheet I have thousands of
patients with 1 to 20 different dates and I want the formula to be able
to find the most recent date of that one patient and their associated
value. Does that make sense? Thanks for helping, Wendi

--
wgechter
wgechter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30799
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505535

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary L Brown

Morrigan just took a VERY courageous move by opening a file from someone he
COULD NOT TRUST!!! Please recognize his RISK by giving him a 'Yes' to his
helpful post.!!!
Morrigan, you've just risked/lost one of your nine lives. Hope your LUCK
continues!
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"wgechter" wrote:

Thanks for the help Morrigan unfortunately the formula assumes that I
know the most recent date. In my real spreadsheet I have thousands of
patients with 1 to 20 different dates and I want the formula to be able
to find the most recent date of that one patient and their associated
value. Does that make sense? Thanks for helping, Wendi

--
wgechter
wgechter's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505535

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Morrigan

I think you lost me.

The formula in column E finds the most recent date for each patient and
outputs it. The formula in colum D searches for the corresponding value
and outputs. Isn't that how you want?

wgechter Wrote:
Thanks for the help Morrigan unfortunately the formula assumes that I
know the most recent date. In my real spreadsheet I have thousands of
patients with 1 to 20 different dates and I want the formula to be able
to find the most recent date of that one patient and their associated
value. Does that make sense? Thanks for helping, Wendi

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505535

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wgechter

Morrigan, yes that is exactly what I was looking for. I should have
looked more closely. Thanks for the response!! At least someone is
very helpful!!