Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Hatman

Default Return Value If Two Conditions occur

Hello all, thanks in advance for a yay or nay on this question.

This is what I would like my spreadsheet to do:

I have one column with names
One column which could have data inputed (Lets say age)

Now I need in another cell the following to happen :
Return the name(s) from the names column in this cell only if in the second
column there is a number or value in said field.

Example:

Column A Column B
Names Value(could be number or blank)
Names2 Value(could be number or blank)
Names3 Value(could be number or blank)
etc...

Report Field : Only names from column A if the name in Column A has
corresponding data in Column B.

Is this doable? Am I crazy?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Michl

How about...
In a column in Sheet2

IF(ISVALUE(Sheet1!B1),Sheet1!A1,"")

This will give you the name(s) if there is a number in column B. If
not, it will show a blank cell.

- John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
George Nicholson

Any particular reason you want a 3rd column?

No addtional column approach:
Select B2, then DataFilterAutoFilter. Then select "Non-Blanks" in the
drop-down box.
The result would be just those rows (columns A & B) with a value in column
B.

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"Hatman" wrote in message
Hello all, thanks in advance for a yay or nay on this question.

This is what I would like my spreadsheet to do:

I have one column with names
One column which could have data inputed (Lets say age)

Now I need in another cell the following to happen :
Return the name(s) from the names column in this cell only if in the
second
column there is a number or value in said field.

Example:

Column A Column B
Names Value(could be number or blank)
Names2 Value(could be number or blank)
Names3 Value(could be number or blank)
etc...

Report Field : Only names from column A if the name in Column A has
corresponding data in Column B.

Is this doable? Am I crazy?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sunnyland

Dear Hatman,

This formula should work

=CHOOSE(ISNUMBER(F3)+1,"",E3*F3)

Please, let me Know by a ;)

Sunnyland

--
sunnyland
sunnyland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30871

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Michl

The original poster said the result needed to be in a second worksheet.
I wasn't adding a column just follow OP requirements.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
George Nicholson

John:
My question was meant for the OP (questioning the requirement), not
your not your perfectly proper response to the OP.

--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

oups.com...