Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AFBrian

Default Painful...

I have two columns: attendees and ticket prices. Certain attendees get
certain ticket prices that others don't. I made a validation list for the
attendees column. What I want is when the attendee is selected from the
validation drop-down list, that the ticket price column be automatically
populated for that entry.
--
AF Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Assuming A1 is set with your Validation Drop-down, and your list is in J1:j5,
then put the corresponding prices in K1:K5 and highlight J1:K5 and do Insert
Name Deifne and type PriceList in the name window.........

Then, in C1 (or wherever), put this formula

=VLOOKUP(A1,PriceList,2,FALSE)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3