Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
George

Default Formula's

Is there any way to combine the VLOOKUP and IF Statement formula's into one
formula or is there any other kind of formula which does both????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

You can certainly combine VLOOKUP and IF. What exactly are you
trying to do?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"George" wrote in message
Is there any way to combine the VLOOKUP and IF Statement
formula's into one
formula or is there any other kind of formula which does
both????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Is this something like what you're looking for?

=IF(A1=1998,VLOOKUP(A1,YourLookupTableA,2,False),V LOOKUP(A1,YourLookupTableB,2,False)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"George" wrote:

Is there any way to combine the VLOOKUP and IF Statement formula's into one
formula or is there any other kind of formula which does both????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
George

i need to look up a reference number on a seperate sheet in excel. I then
want to add a formula like this:
IF(AZ=0,BB,AZ)
How would I put this inside a VLOOKUP Formula.
I tried this:
=VLOOKUP(b16,fast,IF(AZ=0,BB,AZ),false)
Any suggestions.

"George" wrote in message
Is there any way to combine the VLOOKUP and IF Statement
formula's into one
formula or is there any other kind of formula which does
both????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
George

no, I need to VLOOKUP of for example 1998 but i would want to record the
higher of two values. So if 1998 is my reference field and let say age is
what i'm looking for I want to pick one over the other base on a criteria in
the if statement. Is this possible.

"George" wrote:

Is there any way to combine the VLOOKUP and IF Statement formula's into one
formula or is there any other kind of formula which does both????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Just use a normal VLOOKUP, like this

=VLOOKUP(B1,FAST,2,FALSE)

Then, in the FAST table, in the cell just to the right of the value found in
B1, put your IF formula........

=IF(AZ=0,BB,AZ)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"George" wrote in message
Is there any way to combine the VLOOKUP and IF Statement
formula's into one
formula or is there any other kind of formula which does
both????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Check out my "other" post.......it effectively does just that........try
it.........it will return either BB or AZ depending onthe value in AZ, just
as your IF formula specifies.