Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lilbit

Default Count Occurrences and Print Total

I have a spreadsheet that sorts data by officer name. The name is always
in the same column. Every time a name changes, there are two blank rows.
On the row after the last occurrence I need to see (right justified), for
example, Total: 3. This would mean that the name above Total occurs 3
times. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Remove the blank rows and use Data--Subtotals to get your totals.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Lilbit" wrote in message
lkaboutsoftware.com...
I have a spreadsheet that sorts data by officer name. The name is always
in the same column. Every time a name changes, there are two blank rows.
On the row after the last occurrence I need to see (right justified), for
example, Total: 3. This would mean that the name above Total occurs 3
times. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lilbit

Thanks for your response. Taking out the blank lines, sorting by Name, and
choosing Data, Subtotals worked for the most part. However, I can't choose
Use Function: Count for the Name column and Use Function: Sum for the Fees
and Assets columns at the same time and when I try to do the count first
and the sum second, it wipes out the count. Your help would be greatly
appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lilbit

Oops, please disregard. I found what I did wrong!!!