Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Skeep

Default How to solve tie when using the Rank function?

I am currently using the rank function and when a tie occurs they have
the same rank.

So assume I have three months of sales that are the same... their
ranking looks like this 1,1,1

I want it to rank the first occurence and then add 1 to each following
rank that is the same so in this example it would return....1,2,3

I hope this is possible.

Thanks

--
Skeep
Skeep's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30822

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Look at unique rank

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rank.htm

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Skeep" wrote in
message ...

I am currently using the rank function and when a tie occurs they have
the same rank.

So assume I have three months of sales that are the same... their
ranking looks like this 1,1,1

I want it to rank the first occurence and then add 1 to each following
rank that is the same so in this example it would return....1,2,3

I hope this is possible.

Thanks

--
Skeep