Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
anny

Default avoiding message warnings and otherconcerns

hello (3 questions)

1) I have protected the locked cells on a worksheet. How do i avoid the
annoying beep and pop-up warning everytime someone tries to edit one of
these locked cells? "A cell or chart you are trying to change .....". I'd
rather nothing happen.

2) This one is more general: I've been experimenting with protecting cells
both by using menu selections and by using VB.

Menu approach: ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet.... Allow users to Select
unlocked cells, Select locked cells, etc. (15 possible arguments)

VB approach: ActiveSheet.Protect Contents := True, AllowSorting :=
True ... (16 possible arguments)

Now, why do the allowable choices differ? The two sets of choices only
have a handful of common items. As a person trying to become more
proficient in Excel, am I missing something?

3) even more general!!! I get frustrated by the Help windows. In VB
Help, for example, I can find 'Protect Method' under the Index tab, but I
can't find it under the Contents tabVB Language ReferenceMethods... Its
as if my help files are incomplete. (this is just an example of something
that happens frequently) Any comments?

TQ for any responses
anny