Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brig Siton

Default SUMIF Question

I have a worksheet of events or items called Events.

Column A is Date
Column C is Cost
Other columns are irrelevant (names, contacts, address, etc)

I have another summary sheet that calculates and summaizes how much cost per
day.

Column A is the Date from 1/1/06 - 1/31/06

If I use the following formula:
=SUMIF(Events!$A:$A,"A2", Events!$C:$C)
The formula gives me an answer = 0

If I use the following formula:
=SUMIF(Events!$A:$A,"1/1/06", Events!$C:$C)
The formula gives me an answer = $1,250.00

What I would like to do is that everytime I change the date in Column A of
the summary sheet, that it will change the formulas also.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try this:
=SUMIF(Events!$A:$A,""&A2, Events!$C:$C)

Andy.

"Brig Siton" wrote in message
I have a worksheet of events or items called Events.

Column A is Date
Column C is Cost
Other columns are irrelevant (names, contacts, address, etc)

I have another summary sheet that calculates and summaizes how much cost
per
day.

Column A is the Date from 1/1/06 - 1/31/06

If I use the following formula:
=SUMIF(Events!$A:$A,"A2", Events!$C:$C)
The formula gives me an answer = 0

If I use the following formula:
=SUMIF(Events!$A:$A,"1/1/06", Events!$C:$C)
The formula gives me an answer = $1,250.00

What I would like to do is that everytime I change the date in Column A of
the summary sheet, that it will change the formulas also.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brig Siton

That's it.

My forehead is still red for hitting it when the formula worked.

Thank you very much.

<Andy wrote in message ...
Hi

Try this:
=SUMIF(Events!$A:$A,""&A2, Events!$C:$C)

Andy.

"Brig Siton" wrote in message
I have a worksheet of events or items called Events.

Column A is Date
Column C is Cost
Other columns are irrelevant (names, contacts, address, etc)

I have another summary sheet that calculates and summaizes how much cost
per
day.

Column A is the Date from 1/1/06 - 1/31/06

If I use the following formula:
=SUMIF(Events!$A:$A,"A2", Events!$C:$C)
The formula gives me an answer = 0

If I use the following formula:
=SUMIF(Events!$A:$A,"1/1/06", Events!$C:$C)
The formula gives me an answer = $1,250.00

What I would like to do is that everytime I change the date in Column A

of
the summary sheet, that it will change the formulas also.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's OK! Thanks for the feedback!

Andy.

"Brig Siton" wrote in message
That's it.

My forehead is still red for hitting it when the formula worked.

Thank you very much.

<Andy wrote in message ...
Hi

Try this:
=SUMIF(Events!$A:$A,""&A2, Events!$C:$C)

Andy.