Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sweetetc

Default How do you return the sum of two cells in a vlookup?

I have two spreadsheet tabs
1st tab has

A B
101 5 6
202 3 4
303 2 6

I my second tab I want to do a vlookup for the 202 and retrun the sum of A
and B in this example the number 7
Thanks
ETC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

I take it that 101, 202 etc are in column A and the figures to SUM are in
columns B and C.

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A1:C3,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet 1!A1:C3,3,FALSE)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten