Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clash

Default If statement

Morning all,

please help, I am having one of those moments.

I'm trying to check if the sum of four cells is correct against another
cell, and it to tell me "correct" or "wrong".

I know that it's an "IF" statement, but for the life of me I can't get
the structure right.

Cheers

Clash

--
Clash
Clash's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18951

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Govind

Hi,

Say the four cells are A1:A4 and you want to check against B1 cell,use

=IF(SUM(A1:A4)=B1,"Correct","Wrong")

Regards

Govind.