Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KemS

Default Update and Retain Prior Data

I have a fairly robust dashboard that is to be used by novice Excel users.
All the "backend" data that populates the dashboard is pulled from hidden
tabs. The dashboard measures a full year's performance to LY, by month with
the user entering each month's data. To make it user friendly I would like
to provide them with a simple seven or eight box entry screen to enter a
specific month's data (pulling the month from a drop-down list). Now the
challenge I am faced with:

Is there a way to enable the user to select the month, enter the data which
updates the dashboard and their input is done for that month; and then, the
next month they just enter that subsequent month's data (in the same boxes)
and the graphs all update, showing the two months, while preserving the
January values which have been overwritten? But, using the logic and data
formulas I know, I cannot solve how to have the January data retained when
they enter February.

The easiest solution would be to have a column for each month, but there is
also a "week" dashboard as well and it would require their scrolling across
(eventually) 52 columns as the weeks progress through the year.

Is there any way to accomplish this or is it wishful thinking?

Thanks,
Kem