Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jhells

Default How do I change the tab order in an Excel worksheet?

I have three colums. I need the tab order to go down colum one, three rows.
Then wrap up the three rows in colum two, and then back down three rows again
(in colum two). Same thing in colum three. I have done programming in
Access, but I'm really stumped on how to do this in Excel!?!?! Please help
me if you can. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

One way is to use a "named range".

Check out this old post:

http://tinyurl.com/39vzv

--
HTH,

RD

"jhells" wrote in message
I have three colums. I need the tab order to go down colum one, three

rows.
Then wrap up the three rows in colum two, and then back down three rows

again
(in colum two). Same thing in colum three. I have done programming in
Access, but I'm really stumped on how to do this in Excel!?!?! Please

help
me if you can. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

If in Tools/Options/Edit you set Move Selection after Entry direction to
down, then all you need to do is select the 3 columns and 3 rows. With the
selection still highlighted, enter your data. When you hit enter, it will go
down to the next row. When you get to the end of the selection, it will go
back to the first row in your selection, next column. This sounds like it is
exactly what you are requesting.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"jhells" wrote:

I have three colums. I need the tab order to go down colum one, three rows.
Then wrap up the three rows in colum two, and then back down three rows again
(in colum two). Same thing in colum three. I have done programming in
Access, but I'm really stumped on how to do this in Excel!?!?! Please help
me if you can. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. A. McClelland

J:

I suspect that you have created a form with several cells unlocked and that
you have protected the sheet.

It is my understanding that the TAB order in Excel cannot be altered.
However, the cursor will automatically advance from cell to cell when the
user presses ENTER. The ENTER order can be altered from the menu by
selecting Tools, Options, Edit, Move selection after Enter, DOWN. This is
the default setting in Excel, so the cursor should move exactly as you
desire from the outset.

If you are entering data in an unprotected sheet, just highlight the range
into which you want to enter data, and then press ENTER as you fill in each
of the cells. The cursor will advance from cell to cell after pressing
ENTER. The range(s) need not be contiguous cells for this approach to work.
The direction of the cursor will depend on the aforementioned setting in the
Tools, Options dialog box.

HTH,

=Mac=

L. A. McClelland