Mcarlson

Default How can I set up equations that if the answer is false that it sk.

I am setting up a spreadsheet to compute different answers depending on the
value. I did set up the equation with the IF option but I need more than
one IF option in the equation. Is it possible to setup the equation that if
the IF is not true it skips to another cell with another equation?
JulieD

Hi

you can have more than one IF in a cell (and no, a formula can't move you to
another cell). To put more than one IF in a cell use the following
structure
=IF(test,IF(test,true,false),IF(test,true,false))
here another IF is embedded in both the true and false parts of the original
IF - you can embed up to7 IFs in each part.

if you have trouble constructing the IF post back with the criteria and cell