Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bert

Default Lowest value

If I got the following in my excelsheet:
A B
1 20 #VALUE!
2 35,77708764 38683,28157

I want to sort out the lowest value in the B column and type the value of
the corresponding A column. In this case I want to get the function to find
B3 as min and type (=A3) in another cell.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bertulf

Bert i dont understand your question can you be more specific?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 06:19:06 -0800, "Bert"
wrote:

If I got the following in my excelsheet:
A B
1 20 #VALUE!
2 35,77708764 38683,28157

I want to sort out the lowest value in the B column and type the value of
the corresponding A column. In this case I want to get the function to find
B3 as min and type (=A3) in another cell.

Thanks

The **array** formula:

=INDEX(A1:A3,MATCH(MIN(IF(ISERR(B1:B3),"",B1:B3)), B1:B3,0))

To enter an array formula, after typing/pasting it into the cell, hold down
<ctrl<shift while hitting <enter. Excel will place braces {...} around the
formula.

If some of the cells might be blank and should be ignored, then the array
formula:

=INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH(MIN(IF(ISERR(B1:B10)+
ISBLANK(B1:B10),"",B1:B10)),B1:B10,0))

should work.

--ron