Edgar Thoemmes

Default Custom Grouping on Pivot Table

I have a pivot table with dates for the column headings. I have grouped these
by month and year but this does not give me the desirable effect. At the
moment the dates are grouped as follows:

2003 2004
Jan Feb Mar Apr Jun..... Jan Feb Mar Apr Jun

I need to group these by FY so it would like:

Last FY YTD
Mar Apr May Jun.... Mar Apr May Jun

I tried adding an extra field for mm-yy but ended up confusing myself even
more....can some help?

I am using Excel 97.

TIA

Ken Wright

I use the same method that Carlos does. Assuming my real dates are in in Col C,
then in my Fiscal Year column in say H2 i would use

=IF(MONTH(C2)<4,(YEAR(C2)-1)&"/"&RIGHT(YEAR(C2),2),YEAR(C2)&"/"&RIGHT((YEAR(C2)+1),2))

and copy down.

This will give a tag of 2005/06

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Edgar Thoemmes" wrote in message
I have a pivot table with dates for the column headings. I have grouped these
by month and year but this does not give me the desirable effect. At the
moment the dates are grouped as follows:

2003 2004
Jan Feb Mar Apr Jun..... Jan Feb Mar Apr Jun

I need to group these by FY so it would like:

Last FY YTD
Mar Apr May Jun.... Mar Apr May Jun

I tried adding an extra field for mm-yy but ended up confusing myself even
more....can some help?

I am using Excel 97.

TIA

---