JulieD

Hi

is there a definable criteria for which product gets increased by 3% or by
5%, if so, in another column you can use an IF statement:
=IF(A1="Supplier A",B1*1.03,B1*1.05)
you can then copy & edit / paste special - values this over the top of the
original prices in column B and then delete this column.

or alternatively, type 1.03 in a cell and copy it,
now select (using the shift (adjacent cells) or control keys (non adjacent
cells) ) the cells to increase by 3% and then choose edit / paste special
multiply.

then type 1.05 in a cell, copy it and repeat for the 5% products.

Cheers
JulieD

"OhMarty" wrote in message
Last year someone gave me the answer to this, but I can't find it.

I have a price list set up with many individual prices. What is the
easiest way to increase some prices by 3% and others by 5%. I promise I
will record your answer this time. Please help. Thanks again.

Frank Kabel

Hi
- put 1.03 in an empty cell
- copy this cell
- select the relevant cells which should be changed
- goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose the action 'Multiply'