Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
darkbearpooh1

Default counting cell color help

hi can anyone help me get a cell to count the number of other cells just
colored a specific color?

looked at other post came up with something like
=COUNTBYCOLOR(A1:A10,3,FALSE)
but can not get it to work

--
darkbearpooh1
darkbearpooh1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30640

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

See www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm for a sample VBA function
to do this.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"darkbearpooh1"

wrote in message
news:darkbearpooh1.224e4y_1138074302.0157@excelfor um-nospam.com...

hi can anyone help me get a cell to count the number of other
cells just
colored a specific color?

looked at other post came up with something like
=COUNTBYCOLOR(A1:A10,3,FALSE)
but can not get it to work

--
darkbearpooh1
darkbearpooh1's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Just another option to try ..

Here's a recent* sample file (~ "starter's kit") which contains an
implementation of Bob Phillips' ColorIndex Function from his "Processing
Coloured Cells" page at:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html
and some examples on how to use the UDF in Excel
*given in response to another query

Link to the sample file (construct details inside):
http://www.savefile.com/files/3348428
CountCellsByFillColor_Using_BobPhillips_ColorIndex _UDF.xls

Hope the sample helps to get you started ..

Note that as the UDF is non volatile, recalc has to be forced, even if calc
mode is set to Automatic. Press F9 to force recalc. Read the section
"Constraints" in Bob's page.
--
Max
Singapore
wrote in message
news:darkbearpooh1.224e4y_1138074302.0157@excelfor um-nospam.com...

hi can anyone help me get a cell to count the number of other cells just
colored a specific color?

looked at other post came up with something like
=COUNTBYCOLOR(A1:A10,3,FALSE)
but can not get it to work

--
darkbearpooh1
darkbearpooh1's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504284

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
darkbearpooh1

thanks i have this webpage saved as reference but i don't understand i
am sorry, does that mean i have to load something in order to be able
to use that function and if so how do i go about doing that

--
darkbearpooh1
darkbearpooh1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30640
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504284

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

There's a link to a sample file (~ a "starter's kit") in my response to you
y'day, which would ease you in (it contains an implementation of Bob's
ColorIndex UDF). Full details, including steps on how to implement the UDF
are provided in the sample. Why not check it out while awaiting Chip's
response <g ?
--
news:darkbearpooh1.224fam_1138075803.6956@excelfor um-nospam.com...