Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kimmer4861

Default Making cells show nothing

I have a master workbook that I use to compile entries from about 25
different individual's workbooks. I have a page for each person set up
and was just using a formula
"=[workbook_name]sheet_name!cell_reference"(i.e. ='[Auditor Savings Jan
06.xls]Audits'!$A$29). As the month goes on, each individual creates
entries and those lines are fine. My problem is that a line that does
not yet have data entered is showing up on my master as either "0" or
1/0/00. Is there a way to have the master page just show as blank when
the data page doesn't have anything entered yet? I tried using
conditional formatting (if cell is equal to 0), but that didn't do
anything. Any suggestions?

--
kimmer4861
kimmer4861's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30755

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Take the following and expand it to suit your data. Say that you want to
reference A1 in your formula, say "=A1*5".
You want that cell to show blank if A1 is blank. Do something like the
following:
=If(A1="","",A1*5)
HTH Otto
"kimmer4861" wrote
in message ...

I have a master workbook that I use to compile entries from about 25
different individual's workbooks. I have a page for each person set up
and was just using a formula
"=[workbook_name]sheet_name!cell_reference"(i.e. ='[Auditor Savings Jan
06.xls]Audits'!$A$29). As the month goes on, each individual creates
entries and those lines are fine. My problem is that a line that does
not yet have data entered is showing up on my master as either "0" or
1/0/00. Is there a way to have the master page just show as blank when
the data page doesn't have anything entered yet? I tried using
conditional formatting (if cell is equal to 0), but that didn't do
anything. Any suggestions?

--
kimmer4861
kimmer4861's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504221

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Govind

Hi,

If you want to suppress all the zeros in the worksheet, then go to
Tools-Options, View Tab and uncheck 'Zero values'. This will suppress
all zero values in that specific sheet..

Regards

Govind.

kimmer4861 wrote:
I have a master workbook that I use to compile entries from about 25
different individual's workbooks. I have a page for each person set up
and was just using a formula
"=[workbook_name]sheet_name!cell_reference"(i.e. ='[Auditor Savings Jan
06.xls]Audits'!$A$29). As the month goes on, each individual creates
entries and those lines are fine. My problem is that a line that does
not yet have data entered is showing up on my master as either "0" or
1/0/00. Is there a way to have the master page just show as blank when
the data page doesn't have anything entered yet? I tried using
conditional formatting (if cell is equal to 0), but that didn't do
anything. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kimmer4861

Thanks so much! I thought it would be something simple, I just couldn't
think of what it was.