Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ange Kappas

Default Using Sumproduct Function To Add Multiple Criteria

Hi,
Can anyone help me. I have an Excel Worksheet that looks like this:

Date Type Amount

1-2-06 RENT 250
3-2-06 GOODS 140
5-2-06 RENT 450
6-2-06 TELEPHONES 70
2-3-06 RENT 300
7-3-06 GOODS 220

I want to set up a summary table which adds the values via grouped typed per
month, working dynamically as data is added in the above worksheet
using the =sumproduct function.
I can add the totals per type using:
=SUMPRODUCT(($C$3:$C$100)*(B3:B100=E3)) where E3 is RENT
but I need to add another criteria using dates for example 1/2/2006= and
<=28/2/2006 for Feb. and so forth.
For Example my table should look like this:

Month RENT GOODS TELEPHONES

Feb.
March
April

Thanks
Ange

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(($C$3:$C$100)*(B3:B100=E3)*(MONTH(A3:A 100)=2)

for Feb

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ange Kappas" wrote in message
Can anyone help me. I have an Excel Worksheet that looks like

this:

Date Type Amount