jiang

Default help to show formart in reference cell

Dear all,

I'm using vlookup,hlookup and lookup function to show reference cells
in Excel, but I find the format of cells can't be shown, for instance,
color of cell. Is there any way (function or program) to realize this?

For example, in one cell of table, I input '10' then make font color
in red, fill color in blue. When I use lookup function to find '10',
the result only show '10' but font color and fill color are normal
instead of different color.

Thanks in advance.

jiang
Frank Kabel

Hi
this is not possible with Excel. Also VBa won't help as a format change
wouldn't be tranferred to the target cell (and there's no event which gets
triggered by this)

"jiang" wrote:

Dear all,

I'm using vlookup,hlookup and lookup function to show reference cells
in Excel, but I find the format of cells can't be shown, for instance,
color of cell. Is there any way (function or program) to realize this?

For example, in one cell of table, I input '10' then make font color
in red, fill color in blue. When I use lookup function to find '10',
the result only show '10' but font color and fill color are normal
instead of different color.

Thanks in advance.

jiang

jiang

Frank, thanks for your prompt reply.

It's really a pity to realize this point.

Now I'm make a new table, like
A B C D (Column)
1, 10 red, 20 blue
2, 15 red, 10 yellow
(Row)
Is it possible to use lookup, vlookup, or hlookup to show result like:
10 red
10 yellow
If I search 10 in the above table?

Thanks.
Frank Kabel

Hi
do you mean
=VLOOKUP(10,A1:B20,2,0)

"jiang" wrote:

Frank, thanks for your prompt reply.

It's really a pity to realize this point.

Now I'm make a new table, like
A B C D (Column)
1, 10 red, 20 blue
2, 15 red, 10 yellow
(Row)
Is it possible to use lookup, vlookup, or hlookup to show result like:
10 red
10 yellow
If I search 10 in the above table?

Thanks.

jiang

Dear Frank,

Sorry to reply late. The web can't be shown properly in my laptop for days.

My purpose is to show two cells at the same time(in my case, show '10' and
'red' side by side as a result). Your answer really helps me.

Thanks and best wishes.
jiang

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi