Isaac

Default Sample spreadsheet of using macro

I need to know how's the "macro" functioning and the benefits in Excel. It
might be useful for me to do my scheduling which included RTT and RTK
calculation.
Frank Kabel

Hi
see:

"Isaac" wrote:

I need to know how's the "macro" functioning and the benefits in Excel. It
might be useful for me to do my scheduling which included RTT and RTK
calculation.

JulieD

Hi Isaac

basically macros (IMHO) have two "uses"
1) doing repetitive tasks
- ie could the work that you are doing be broken down into a series of
repetitive tasks that could be performed by a trained monkey? - if so you
could probably use a macro and the place to start here is to record a macro
while you do the repetitive tasks (tools / macro / record new macro) and
then play it back and see how it goes. You can then look at the code and
begin to "tweak" it
2) extending the functionality of excel
- this is much more difficult to quantify and generally requires more
experience in programming in excel to do.

So if you'ld like to outline your scheduling work and what you would
actually like the macro to do for you then i'm sure we'll be able to come up
with some ideas on whether or not a macro would make a difference and how to
implement it.

Cheers
JulieD