Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
esstreet

Default Does how #s are listed affect IRR calc- same #s vertically vs. hor

Having problem with IRR calc on same set of #s. One set is listed vertically
and one set is listed horizontally. Was essentially just double checking
myself and thought they should be the same but the IRRs were different.
Example the return answer for =IRR(A2:G10) was different than the same
numbers listed vertically and the calc done =IRR(A2:A10). Any help???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

The number of figures in the ranges you specify are not the same

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"esstreet" wrote in message
Having problem with IRR calc on same set of #s. One set is listed
vertically
and one set is listed horizontally. Was essentially just double checking
myself and thought they should be the same but the IRRs were different.
Example the return answer for =IRR(A2:G10) was different than the same
numbers listed vertically and the calc done =IRR(A2:A10). Any help???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
esstreet

Default Does how #s are listed affect IRR calc- same #s vertically vs.

They are the same- I was just giving an example that did not match my true
calculation. The real formulas are =IRR(D7:D49) and =IRR(E72:AU72). Sorry.
That wasn't really the jist of my problem.

"esstreet" wrote in message
Having problem with IRR calc on same set of #s. One set is listed
vertically
and one set is listed horizontally. Was essentially just double checking
myself and thought they should be the same but the IRRs were different.
Example the return answer for =IRR(A2:G10) was different than the same
numbers listed vertically and the calc done =IRR(A2:A10). Any help???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Have just SUMmed the items (with many decimals displayed in the result) to
check that tey really are exactly the same?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten