Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
snow

Default I have a list1 and a list2, I want to remove list2 from list1

In list1 there is many phonenumbers.
In list2 there is also many phonenumbers.
I want to remove every phonenumbers that is in list2 from list1.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Have a look he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tractingCommon

Andy.

"snow" wrote in message
In list1 there is many phonenumbers.
In list2 there is also many phonenumbers.
I want to remove every phonenumbers that is in list2 from list1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
snow

Hi Andy.
Thanks for quick replay.
I took a look at the web-side you refer to. But I still not get it right.

Column A Column B Colum C
3256 1234 2541
2541 3256
1234

What formula do I write in Colum C to get if right?

"snow" wrote in message
In list1 there is many phonenumbers.
In list2 there is also many phonenumbers.
I want to remove every phonenumbers that is in list2 from list1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

With your data layout, try something like:
=IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$1000,A1)=0,A1,"")
As you fill this down, column C will extract the numbers from column A that
don't exist in column B.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"snow" wrote in message
In list1 there is many phonenumbers.
In list2 there is also many phonenumbers.
I want to remove every phonenumbers that is in list2 from list1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"snow" wrote:
Column A Column B Colum C
3256 1234 2541
2541 3256
1234
What formula do I write in Colum C to get if right?

Another play to try, using non-array formulas

Put in C1:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(E:E,ROW(A1))),"",
INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(E:E,ROW(A1)),E:E,0)))

Put in D1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,B:B,0)),"",ROW())

Select C1:D1, copy down until the last row of data in col A

Col C will return the required results all neatly bunched at the top
--
Max
Singapore