Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roberta H via OfficeKB.com

Default proper syntax order

Hello all, I have three fields

"ReceivedDate"
"Date"
"Total Days"

The first two are date fields, the second I want to either count the number
of days between the dates or if no "Date" than "Total Days" would should "0".

"Date" - "ReceivedDate" = "Total Days"
2/6/06 - 1/12/06 = 25
This works - if that's all I needed, however,

"Date" - "ReceivedDate" = "TotalDays", If "Date" is blank, then "TotalDays" =
0
I can't get the right order to make this simple formula work.
Please help.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Roberta,

Assuming A1= "Date", B1 = "Received Date" & C1 = "Total Days" then in
C2 enter:

=IF(ISBLANK(A2),0,DATEDIF(B2,A2,"d"))

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roberta H via OfficeKB.com

Thank you so very much Steve!
Yes it works great! One problem I had, however, was getting an accurate
count from the very date received to the "date", so I made a very small
modification to the formula:
=IF(ISBLANK(H191),0,DATEDIF(G191-1,H191,"d")).