Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dave6453

Default need a formula for setting colour target cells

i am working with targets on my worksheet. how can i set a cell to change its
colour according to the data entered. I.E. i set a target of 9% and i want
the cell to change colour to green when 9% or less is entered, if above 9% i
want it to turn red, if within 10% of the target figure i want the cell to
turn yellow. is this possible?

i am using an XP exel worksheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

assuming the cells are in A, and the target amount is in M1, then select
them all

Menu FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =A1M1*.91
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select an appropriate highlighting colour - greenb
OK
OK

Second condition

Click Add
Change Condition 2 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =A1M1*.09
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select an appropriate highlighting colour - yellow
OK
OK

Third condition

Click Add
Change Condition 2 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =A1<=M1*.09
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select an appropriate highlighting colour - red
OK
OK

--
HTH