-   -   How do you calculate the nth root of a number in Excel 2003? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6578-how-do-you-calculate-nth-root-number-excel-2003-a.html)

William

How do you calculate the nth root of a number in Excel 2003?

Does anyone know how you calculate the nth root of a number in Excel 2003? I
want to calculate the annalized percentage rate of return from a table to
absolute percentage returns for a series of years, so I nee to be able to
calculate the nth root of the total return + 1, where n is the number of
years.

N Harkawat

For eg: 4th root of 16 = 2 is entered as follows
=16^(1/4)

"William" wrote in message
Does anyone know how you calculate the nth root of a number in Excel 2003?

want to calculate the annalized percentage rate of return from a table to
absolute percentage returns for a series of years, so I nee to be able to
calculate the nth root of the total return + 1, where n is the number of
years.

Frank Kabel

Hi
try