Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tazzy

Default Refer to a url and retreive info for a spreadsheet

I am trying to keep track of a pool for our hockey pool. I would like to set
up a spreadsheet that will automatically update the points totals for the
various players each week or more often.
Example i would like to find the points for

Peter Forsberg
Marcus Naslund
Mike modano and about 30 more

Is there a way to automatically go to NHL.COM stats page and pick up this
info without having to look for each player individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Check out this website:

http://www.vertex42.com/News/excel-web-query.html

It explains how to run Excel web queries. It has a template for pulling
multiple stock quotes that you might be able to tweak for NHL players.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Tazzy" wrote:

I am trying to keep track of a pool for our hockey pool. I would like to set
up a spreadsheet that will automatically update the points totals for the
various players each week or more often.
Example i would like to find the points for

Peter Forsberg
Marcus Naslund
Mike modano and about 30 more

Is there a way to automatically go to NHL.COM stats page and pick up this
info without having to look for each player individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tazzy

Thanks this helps a bit. however it seems to bring too much information when
i do this because the table that I refered to contains more info than I need
I will have to search for another web site that uses a different sxystem

Tazzy