jlbreyer

Default Can I expand a drop down list?

Data...Validation...List allows a drop down list from a cell. The default
appears to be about 7 items from the list. Is there a way to increase the
number of items from the list?

anilsolipuram

list appears to be about 7 items from the list,
- no it doesnot take 7 items only, there is no limit to number of items
it can take

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16271

jlbreyer

OK - to be more clear - I'm asking about the number of items displayed in the
list when it 'drops down". The list I'm using is about 200 items long, and
you can scroll down to see all of them, but my users find the short display
harder to use. Can you DISPLAY more than 7 at a time?
jlb

"anilsolipuram" wrote:

list appears to be about 7 items from the list,
- no it doesnot take 7 items only, there is no limit to number of items
it can take

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16271
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=313969

Frank Kabel

Hi
AFAIK you can't change this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"jlbreyer" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Data...Validation...List allows a drop down list from a cell. The

default
appears to be about 7 items from the list. Is there a way to

increase the
number of items from the list?

Biff

Hi!

I don't think you can do anything to change the number of
items displayed in a dropdown. An alternative would be to
use a listbox in which you can display as many items as
you want based on the size of the listbox. A drawback is
that unlike a dropdown list, the listbox is always visible
and requires a linked cell to display the selection made.

Biff

----------------
anilsolipuram's Profile:

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=16271
View this thread:

.

Debra Dalgleish

The data validation dropdown is limited to 8 rows, and can't be changed.

If you can use macros, there's a sample file here that provides a
combobox from which you can select one of the values. In a combobox, you
can set the number of rows in the dropdown list:

Under 'Data Validation', look for 'Data Validation Combobox'

jlbreyer wrote:
Data...Validation...List allows a drop down list from a cell. The default
appears to be about 7 items from the list. Is there a way to increase the
number of items from the list?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List