Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brit.

Default How do I use the "SUMIF" function using dates as a condition

I am trying to create a SUMIF formula, but using dates as the control
condition, i.e. I have a column of dates (column A) and I have a
corresponding column of dollar figures (column B). I want to create a SUMIF
formula where dollar amounts of certain dates are added up.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

Try something like the following:

=SUMIF(A1:A10,DATE(2006,1,13),B1:B10)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Brit." wrote in message
I am trying to create a SUMIF formula, but using dates as the
control
condition, i.e. I have a column of dates (column A) and I have
corresponding column of dollar figures (column B). I want to
create a SUMIF
formula where dollar amounts of certain dates are added up.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

as an example

=SUMIF(A:A,--"2005-01-13",B:B)

or

=SUMIF(A:A,DATE(2005,1,13),B:B)

If you want a date range, use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=--"2005-01-01"),--(A1:A100<=--"2006-01-31"),B1:B100)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips