Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
saki4two

Default is there a way to auto copy cells similar to auto sum?

Hi. I set up a worksheet with the first column for dates, and the 5th column
for invoice numbers. I do not always have an invoice number for certain
items so I type the date instead. I am wondering if there is a formula to
have exel automatically copy the date in the date column to the invoice
column for each row I type so it will eliminate the need to retype the date
over and over.

Thanks much!
joy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

If date is in A2,
Try something like this in E2:

=IF(A2,TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yyy"),"")
And copy down as needed.

This leaves the cell empty if there's no date in Column A,
And if you do enter an invoice number, the cell (formula) will be written
over, and not confuse the format by converting the invoice display to a
date.
--
HTH,

RD