Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phxlatinoboi®

Default Need Help

I am using the following formula:

=IF(I9<0,(H9-I9)/I9,IF(H9<0,(G9-H9)/H9,IF(G9<0,(F9-G9)/G9,0)))

How can I get the results to show if negative to turn "red" and if positive
to be "black"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Michl

An easier method than conditional formatting is to apply cell
formating. Select the cell, right click and select Format Cells
Numbers. The Number and Currency formats include several options for
handling negative numbers including red text, parenthesis, minus signs,
etc. Just choose the one you like from the list.

To get fancier, choose one that is close to what you like and select
OK. Then open the format cells dialog again but choose custom. You
can change colors, add text and do a variety of things to format the
result.

- John
www.JohnMichl.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phxlatinoboi®

How would I write the custom code that if the results are negative to change
to red, but if not to stay as is?

"John Michl" wrote:

An easier method than conditional formatting is to apply cell
formating. Select the cell, right click and select Format Cells
Numbers. The Number and Currency formats include several options for
handling negative numbers including red text, parenthesis, minus signs,
etc. Just choose the one you like from the list.

To get fancier, choose one that is close to what you like and select
OK. Then open the format cells dialog again but choose custom. You
can change colors, add text and do a variety of things to format the
result.

- John
www.JohnMichl.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Michl

If the results are a percentage, use Custom Format and enter this

0.00%;[Red]0.00%

- John