Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spike

Default #VALUE in formula as opposed to result

I have come across a formula with #VALUE actually in the formula as opposed
to the result. What does this mean, if it is correct why would someone code
it into the formula and what does it do as the result is a number and not
#REF or #VALUE.

Any advices will be gratefully received
--
with kind regards

Spike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

And the value of the input cells?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Can you post the formula?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Spike" wrote in message
I have come across a formula with #VALUE actually in the formula as

opposed
to the result. What does this mean, if it is correct why would someone

code
it into the formula and what does it do as the result is a number and not
#REF or #VALUE.

Any advices will be gratefully received
--
with kind regards

Spike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spike

Formula is =IF(ABS(I82-I130)Tolerance_Fund,#VALUE!+I82)

This actually produces a numeric result
--
with kind regards

Spike

"Spike" wrote in message
I have come across a formula with #VALUE actually in the formula as

opposed
to the result. What does this mean, if it is correct why would someone

code
it into the formula and what does it do as the result is a number and not
#REF or #VALUE.

Any advices will be gratefully received
--
with kind regards

Spike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Hi Spike,

This is not a complete formula.
An IF should have a TRUE part and a FALSe part, like in:
=IF(Condition, TrueValue,FalseValue)
Your formula has been corrupted one way or another. It should read something
like
=IF(ABS(I82-I130)Tolerance_Fund,I79,I82)
But why do you say it gives a numeric result? What? and what, again, are the
input values?
Do you have any idea what the formula is *supposed* to do?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Spike" wrote in message
I have come across a formula with #VALUE actually in the formula as
opposed
to the result. What does this mean, if it is correct why would
someone
code
it into the formula and what does it do as the result is a number and
not
#REF or #VALUE.

Any advices will be gratefully received
--
with kind regards

Spike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spike

I do apologise you are absolutely right there is a second comma after the
word VALUE which i never noticed and makes it a proper IF statement. I am
sorry to have wasted both your's and bob's time.

I am off for an eye test!!!

Many thanks
--
with kind regards

Spike

"Spike" wrote in message
I have come across a formula with #VALUE actually in the formula as
opposed
to the result. What does this mean, if it is correct why would
someone
code
it into the formula and what does it do as the result is a number and
not
#REF or #VALUE.

Any advices will be gratefully received
--
with kind regards

Spike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

No problem at all, Spike
Don't hesitate to ask for help again if you need any

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten