Arnie

Default Sum ranges

I have named 5 small ranges of cells but =SUM(Rng1:Rng5)
does not give me my expected result. =SUM(Rng1,Rng2, etc.)
does.

My question is that when I have lots of named ranges in
the future must I add them into my formula each time or is
there a way to group them?

Thanks

JE McGimpsey

One option to save some typing if you use the same ranges more than once:

Choose Insert/Name/Define. Enter RngSum in the "Names in workbook"
field, and enter

=Rng1,Rng2,Rng3,Rng4,Rng5

in the refers to field.

Then you can use

=SUM(RngSum)

Note: You're limited to 30 arguments in a function.