Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
robbiemc

Default merging data to a single cell

I work for a membership organisation and wish to produce membership
cards detailing areas of qualification in list format.

The card software is used by dragging and dropping field headers from
an excel spreadsheet. Originally we planned to list the areas of
qualification vertically but found that most members do not have all
the qualifications and this would result in blank spaces.

The ideal solution would be to merge all the quals into a single cell
that would list them vertically on seperate rows...I have been told
this is not possible....???

The second solution is to simply list the data using
CONCATENATE...unfortunately, in doing so we are left with double spaces
where data is missing. With up to 24 different areas of qualification we
could have big spaces between data on the card.

Wondered if anyone knows of a way to resolve these problems?????

CHEERS.....

Robbie

--
robbiemc