Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tljeffrey21

Default Client list price update

Hi all, can someone please tell me if you can up data a work page by a
certian amount (eg 10%) automatically. Basically I have just done a
list of all my customers and how much they pay foe various items. What
I want to be able to do is update to price when a price rise may occur
without have to manually changing each item. I done the sheet in MS
Access and have imported it to excel for more staff you use and view.
Can anyone help?? Thankyou

--
tljeffrey21
tljeffrey21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30262

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paul

depending on howyou actually have your prices,normally in a column,in the
column next to the first entry (say C1) type = b1*1.1 and copy down,then copy
that column and go paste special paste as value into the column the prices
were in,then delete column c....
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"tljeffrey21" wrote:

Hi all, can someone please tell me if you can up data a work page by a
certian amount (eg 10%) automatically. Basically I have just done a
list of all my customers and how much they pay foe various items. What
I want to be able to do is update to price when a price rise may occur
without have to manually changing each item. I done the sheet in MS
Access and have imported it to excel for more staff you use and view.
Can anyone help?? Thankyou

--
tljeffrey21
tljeffrey21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30262
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499290

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi

One way
In a blank cell on your sheet, type 1.1 (for +10%). Copy the cell.
Mark your range of existing prices, Paste Specialmultiply.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"tljeffrey21"
wrote in message

Hi all, can someone please tell me if you can up data a work page by a
certian amount (eg 10%) automatically. Basically I have just done a
list of all my customers and how much they pay foe various items. What
I want to be able to do is update to price when a price rise may occur
without have to manually changing each item. I done the sheet in MS
Access and have imported it to excel for more staff you use and view.
Can anyone help?? Thankyou

--
tljeffrey21
tljeffrey21's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tljeffrey21

Thanks, but that not what I was getting at.... imagine this across row 1
are the titles of the columns (eg. Customer Name, Code, Product1 price,
product 2 price etc) So I have 60 clients down column 1 then there
codes in column 2, there price for buyin item one, there price for
buyin item 2 etc. See attchment for what I mean. Now, is there a way I
can update prices by a certain percent with out having to do it
manually? Can I just select the cells and tell them to update 10 %?

Thanks for your help

|Filename: Customers Prices 1.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4196 |

tljeffrey21
tljeffrey21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30262
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499290

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tljeffrey21

Cheers Roger, exactly what I was looking for. Any idea on how to do it
with text in the cell as well (as in the cell I want to update)?

--
tljeffrey21
tljeffrey21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30262
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499290

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi

Perhaps the following might work, depending upon how the words and text
are arranged. Without seeing the data, I can't tell (you cannot post
attachments to these NG's)

Copy the column of data to another part of the sheet, with blank columns
to the right of it.
DataText to columns to split the words and numerics.
Apply the percentage update to the values (as described)
in another cell, concatenate back the words and uplifted values.
Copy the range of the new concatenated data Paste SpecialValues back
over your original column of data.

--
Regards

Roger Govier