Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
scott

Default Format\Conditional ? help

In one cell (AA10) my formula counts the empty cells. In another cell my
formula states if(aa10=0, "Check Hrs", #7). What I want to do is when "Check
Hrs" is the answer I need the fonts in red. When #7 is the answer just black.
Is this possible. I am not having much luck.

thanks in advance
scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Scott

Firstly, I think your formula needs to be
if(aa10=0, "Check Hrs", "#7")

There are 2 ways to get the conditional formatting to work.
FormatConditional FormattingCell Value Isdropdown to chose Equals and
in the white pane type ="Check Hrs"
Chose Format required
or
FormatConditional Formattinguse dropdown to select Formula is and in
the white pane type =AA10=0

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"scott" wrote in message
In one cell (AA10) my formula counts the empty cells. In another cell
my
formula states if(aa10=0, "Check Hrs", #7). What I want to do is when
"Check
Hrs" is the answer I need the fonts in red. When #7 is the answer just
black.
Is this possible. I am not having much luck.

thanks in advance
scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Assuming that A1 contains the formula that returns either "Check Hrs" or
"#7", try the following...

1) Select A1

2) Format Conditional Formatting Formula Is

3) Enter the following formula:

=A1="Check Hrs"

4) Choose your formatting

5) Click Ok