Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
scotjo

Default random number generation

Hello...Hopefully somebody can help, because I no longer remember how to
do this. I am trying to populate a random number list. I need 137
different random numbers , with the numbers between 10000 and 99999.
If anyone knows how to do this, you are my hero.

Thanks!

--
scotjo
scotjo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30206

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

First off, you'll need the "Analysis TookPak" Add-In installed. To do this,
click TOOLS, then ADD-INS, then check the box next to "Analysis TookPak".

Then you can use the following formula:

=RANDBETWEEN(10000,99999)

HTH,
Elkar

"scotjo" wrote:

Hello...Hopefully somebody can help, because I no longer remember how to
do this. I am trying to populate a random number list. I need 137
different random numbers , with the numbers between 10000 and 99999.
If anyone knows how to do this, you are my hero.

Thanks!

--
scotjo
scotjo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30206
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498872

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arenlor

also if you need unique numbers just search for random number generator in
excel worksheet functions on this site, there is one there that should help
with that, oh and that formula randomizes everytime you recalculate, so just
press F9 to recalculate.

"scotjo" wrote:

Hello...Hopefully somebody can help, because I no longer remember how to
do this. I am trying to populate a random number list. I need 137
different random numbers , with the numbers between 10000 and 99999.
If anyone knows how to do this, you are my hero.

Thanks!

--
scotjo
scotjo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30206
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498872

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

If you *don't* have the ATP installed, you can use this formula:

=INT(RAND()*90000+10000)
--
HTH,

RD

"scotjo" wrote:

Hello...Hopefully somebody can help, because I no longer remember how to
do this. I am trying to populate a random number list. I need 137
different random numbers , with the numbers between 10000 and 99999.
If anyone knows how to do this, you are my hero.

Thanks!

--
scotjo
scotjo's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

Select cells A1:A137 and enter

=UniqRandInt(99999-10000+1)+10000-1

as array formula (press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to enter)

Use my UDF UniqRandInt() from
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/uniqrandint.html

A small optimization: set
#Const LATE_INITIALISATION = TRUE

This will speed up the routine a little bit.

Regards,
Bernd